- Posted by MG UG
- On April 28, 2021
- 0 Comments
RP2 Resource Planner 2
Term until March 31, 2022
Agriculture and Resource Development
Water Branch, Ecosystem Management Division
Brandon MB, Winnipeg MB, Carman MB
Advertisement Number: 37520
Salary(s): RP2 $59,406.00 – $74,801.00 per year
Closing Date: May 9, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar full-time regular or term positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
The location of these term positions is flexible. Work may be carried out in Winnipeg, Carman, or Brandon MB.
Manitoba Agriculture and Resource Development is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Watershed Planner within the Water Branch.
The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required
- Must be willing and able to travel within Manitoba, including overnight stays as required
- Graduation from a post-secondary institution with specialization in environmental studies, natural resource management or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience related to ecosystem function and/or landscape ecology and experience in applying a watershed-based, integrated approach
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong verbal communication skills with experience giving presentations to a variety of audiences
- Strong written communication skills with experience writing technical reports and business correspondence
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple work files, establish priorities, and manage time
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel or equivalent software applications
- Knowledge of The Watershed Districts Act, and The Water Protection Act
- Knowledge of the Manitoba Watershed Districts Program
- Experience working with Board governance
- Experience working with local municipalities, Indigenous communities, or in a rural Manitoba context
- Experience using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications or tools
- Experience with program administration, strategic business planning and reviewing financial reports
Reporting to the Manager of Watershed Districts and Programs, the incumbent provides professional planning support and watershed management expertise to advance Integrated Watershed Management Planning and implementation in Manitoba. The purpose of this position is to assist in the delivery of land and water conservation initiatives including Growing Outcomes in Watersheds (GROW) and Integrated Watershed Management Planning to comply with the directions of the Watershed Districts Act and the Water Protection Act.