- Posted by MG UG
- On February 26, 2021
- 0 Comments
System Status Controller (PMH)
Requisition ID: 209863
Position Number: 20096325
Posting End Date: March 1, 2021
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Shared Health
Department / Unit: Med Transport Coord Center2 – ERS
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: MGEU MTCC PMH
Anticipated Start Date: 04/01/2021
Anticipated Shift: Days;Nights
Daily Hours Worked: 8.00; 12
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: As per Collective Agreement
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
The role of the MTCC System Status Controller is to receive and process requests for emergency medical assistance and medical transportation. The SSC will prioritize, coordinate and dispatch medical response and transportation services for rural and northern Manitoba.
The System Status Controllers will obtain the necessary caller information; communicate the information to EMS personnel located across the province and dispatch medical resources using a variety of tools and resources including a computer-aided-dispatching system (CAD), medical protocols, mapping/GIS technology with digital radio and telephone media. The SSC must be able to communicate with the public, medical personnel, and other public safety agencies.
Primary responsibilities relate to all applicable regulations/policies within the Medical Transportation Coordination Centre and Shared Health. The SSC will conduct him/herself in a non-judgmental, collected and professional manner.
Functions are conducted in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health, current policies and procedures and applicable legislation.
- Experience in a large call centre is highly desirable.
- Pre-hospital care provider in Manitoba is an asset.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Manitoba EMS Technician (or greater) license required.
- Successful completion of a System Status Controller training program required.
- Degree/Diploma in a Health Care discipline is an asset.
- Current first-aid certificate required.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate to the Basic Rescuer level (minimum) required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Keyboarding speed greater than 35 wpm.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality.
- Ability to perform the duties on the position on a regular basis.
- Must be competent with Windows based programs.
- Strong organizational, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and continuous improvement techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Emergency Medical Service/medical transportation communication and operations.
- Ability to work shifts.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wrha.mb.ca.