- Posted by MG UG
- On April 2, 2021
- 0 Comments
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
CALGARY, OR POTENTIAL FOR REMOTE WORKING
WSP is currently looking to fill the position of a Solar PV Engineer to join the Renewable Energy Assessment team. The preferable location for this position is Calgary, however WSP offers a variety of working options which would potentially allow the successful candidate to work remotely within Canada (must work Calgary core office hours). The position will involve assisting clients with the early evaluation and development of solar projects in Canada. This will include performing data analysis, energy modelling, equipment and system optimization for solar projects across Canada. The position would be an intermediate role with responsibility to execute projects in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary solar engineering team. This position is ideal for an individual with an aptitude and passion for technical data analysis and renewable energy.
- Analyze meteorological and production data using in-house scripts and software tools.
- Configure and perform net resource calculations.
- Perform statistical analysis of measurements and calculate uncertainties.
- Design and evaluate different solar energy technologies (utility scale, rooftop, BIPV)
- Solar PV system optimization including equipment selection and layout.
- Track and evaluate new Solar PV equipment (modules, racking, inverters) options.
- Assist in the due diligence review of pre-construction or existing assets.
- Organize and document geospatial data and generate deliverables using AutoCAD/GIS software.
- Communicate methodology and results through technical reports and presentations.
- Complete research and process development with the goal to continuously improve energy assessment methodologies and product offering.
- Strong professional work ethic.
- Communicate clearly with clients orally and through written work.
- Self-motivated approach for investigating innovative solutions to technical problems that may not have a historic precedence to follow.
- Independently plan work schedule and effectively manage individual responsibilities and projects with quick turn-around times.
- Document work in an organized fashion to facilitate technical review and coordination with peers.
- Collaborate with the resource assessment team to continually improve processes and in-house software tools.
- Completed a post-secondary undergraduate or graduate degree in engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Pragmatic, solutions-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Affinity for improving workflow processes; the ability to balance standardization while increasing processes efficiency and quality.
- Experience with programming languages is considered an asset.
- Experience with solar modelling software (Helioscope, PVSyst, SAM) is considered an asset.
- Effective communication and inter-personal skills for client and team interactions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, OneNote).
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.