- Posted by MG UG
- On June 29, 2020
- 0 Comments
University of Manitoba
Course Name: Design Studio 1 (6 Credits)
Course Section: A01 – TBD
Work Location: Remote Learning
Appointment Date: August 31, 2020 to December 23, 2020
Course Rate: $10,621.20 @ 100% course taught (under review)
For more information, please contact:
The successful candidate must be willing and able to work remotely;
applicants without adequate computer or internet access may be granted limited access, upon request,
to attend campus for the purpose of using University computer facilities (social distancing enforced).
Prior to the start of the course, the successful applicant must complete five (5) hours of online tutorials
offered through The Centre for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning for which they will be paid
$150 (one time per instructor).
- Preparing instructional and testing materials relevant to the course being taught.
- Instructing/teaching/testing remotely.
- Marking/grading of exams and assignments etc, remotely.
- Providing constructive feedback to students remotely.
- Maintaining regular virtual office hours.
Applications may be considered after the posting closing date.
If more than one section is advertised for this course different applicants may be considered for each section,
and applicants are required to indicate their preferred section.
Where a University of Manitoba student is the successful candidate, the terms and conditions of employment,
including remuneration, will be governed by the UM/CUPE 3909 (Student) Collective Agreement.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in the English language is required.
- Background/specialization in subject area required.
- Demonstrated competence in post-secondary teaching required.
- Empathetic approach to the instructional needs and concerns of students is required.
- Previous teaching in the subject area or related area would be an asset.
There will be a component of in-person class time, 100 minutes each week, and that all social distancing procedures will be followed.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact UM.Accommodation@umanitoba.ca or 204-474-8371. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of “The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy” (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.ca.