- Posted by MGUG Admin
- On July 22, 2021
Website Manitoba Government
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing to travel within Manitoba, inlcuding remote and Northern communities
- Post-secondary education in a areas including Natural Resource Management, Environmental Sciences, Agriculture, Forestry, Geology, Hydrology, Biology, Indigenous Relations, Community Economic Development, Planning, or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience related to land/water use planning, environmental assessment, and resource management
- Experience working with First Nations and other Indigenous communities, municipal and federal government, and non-government organizations such as industry associations, stakeholder groups, and/or academia
- Experience conducting research, analysis, and making recommendations to decision makers
- Knowledge of multi-dimensional aspects of land use & resource management including reconciling diverse communities’ needs, and related environmental, social and economic considerations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of people with varying backgrounds and interests to achieve consensus
- Strong verbal communication skills with ability to negotiate and collaborate
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to effectively articulate complex and/or sensitive issues in plain language, respecting a variety of viewpoints
- Experience managing projects
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for the purposes of land use planning and naural resource management
- Training and/or experience in facilitating public participation processes
As a Senior Resource Planning Specialist, the incumbent will consider the way in which people and natural landscapes interact, and work as a collaborator with a focus on bringing together expertise and interests in land use planning, water management, bio-diversity conservation, natural heritage management, and the future sustainability of industries like agriculture, mining, eco-tourism, fisheries and forestry. The incumbent will work closely with other Branches of government, other levels of government, including Federal, municipal and Indigenous governments, stakeholders, academia, industry, and communities on the development of sustainable resource management plans and special initiatives. This position also facilitates the interdisciplinary review of permits and licenses for major resource development projects in Manitoba.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.