- Posted by MG UG
- On March 17, 2021
- 0 Comments
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
You will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technologists on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector mining clients.
You are a senior contributor on our professional consulting services team and work independently on large civil infrastructure projects of high complexity, and as a leader of a team or project through all phases of a project lifecycle. Provide technical expertise to aid in solving complex problems, evaluate and apply proven technologies to stabilization and containment of mining wastes, water management and treatment, and habitat restoration while building strong relationships with mining clients. You will have the chance to prepare/update/implement closure and reclamation plans.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supervising and mentoring other technologists
- Quantity calculations and cost estimating
- Feasibility analyses, engineering design,
- Organize and interpret engineering data to prepare clear and concise design drawings, engineering reports and technical documentation
- Field work responsibilities may include performing project construction observation, interpret contract documents, enforce contract specifications, and review submittals for accuracy, completeness and design consistency.
- Prioritize and accomplish multiple assignments efficiently and effectively with limited supervision
- Ensure conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures
- Performs thorough quality control of construction documents and provides design ideas and solutions
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Has well-developed understanding of relevant areas of design including horizontal/vertical design requirements and the codes and requirements specific to local geographic market.
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Proficient in relevant software programs including AutoCAD Civil3D and/or MicroStation , GIS, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines.
- Mentoring and professional development of other personnel
Education and Experience
Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of 8-10 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mining Engineering Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 210000LS
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
To apply for this job please visit stantec.jobs.