- Posted by MG UG
- On March 3, 2021
- 0 Comments
City of Winnipeg
The Engineering Services Division, Water Planning and Project Delivery Branch is offering seasonal employment opportunities from approximately May 3 to September 3, 2021.
As a Seasonal Technical Assistant you will assist the branch in undertaking a variety of condition assessment related projects for water and sewer infrastructure. You will support water planning and project delivery initiatives and decision making through work with inspection videos, GIS queries, field investigations, and record searches.
As the Seasonal Technical Assistant you will:
- Establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts, and the public.
- Required to work outside under sometimes unfavourable weather conditions.
- Physically capable of performing the duties of the position.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Successful completion of at least one (1) year of a recognzied university or college program in Engineering.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products including Access.
- Ability to use engineering software and/or basic knowledge of computer programming.
- Knowledge of water systems and their operation.
- Familiarity in the use of GIS software.
- Ability to interpret construction and record drawings and specifications.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
To apply for this job please visit careers.winnipeg.ca.