- Posted by MG UG
- On April 6, 2021
- 0 Comments
Stewardship Association of Municipalities Inc
Who is SAM?
The Stewardship Association of Municipalities Inc (affectionately known as SAM) is an incorporated non-profit organization that works to identify and conserve Newfoundland and Labrador’s important wildlife habitats, particularly where found within the jurisdiction of municipalities. Much of this work is carried out in the context of the NL Eastern Habitat Joint Venture which seeks to conserve wetlands and wetland associated uplands for birds. Find out more at samnl.org.
General Description of Position Duties:
- Planning and conducting wildlife and/or habitat surveys.
- GIS based mapping of wildlife habitats
- Carrying out direct community and landowner contact with potential stewards.
- Developing and implementing habitat restoration and enhancement activities.
- Enthusiasm and commitment for wildlife and habitat conservation.
- Training and experience in wildlife and habitat conservation (birding skills an asset)
- Training and experience in GIS (QGIS preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with habitat restoration and enhancement techniques.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated independent initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a professional manner.
- Minimum qualifications include diploma in natural resource related discipline supplemented by experience in wildlife conservation.
- Access to a reliable private vehicle and valid class 5 driver’s license
- Access to a usable private office space with working computer with hi-speed internet access, scanner/printer and cell-phone with long-distance capability.
This position is full-time for a fixed-term (starting as soon as possible to end October 2021, with possibility of renewal). Employee will be working from a home-based office but overnight travel outside regular office hours will be required using a personal vehicle. Travel may be province-wide but the majority of travel is anticipated to occur on the Island of Newfoundland. Pay scale is industry competitive and costs are reimbursed.
Application Deadline: 2021-04-20
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Remote interview process