- Posted by MG UG
- On March 6, 2021
- 0 Comments
The Firelight Group
Position title: Research Intern – TUS
Position type: Full-time, six-month contract with possibility of permanent job offer
Location: Vancouver, BC
Reports to: Business Lead or Project Manager on a project basis
Supervised by: Operations Manager or Delegate
Salary range: $18 per hour
Application Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
Position start date: Spring 2021
The Firelight Group is a dynamic, socially responsible business providing community-based research and consulting services across Canada for the last decade. We have a growing team of over 50 professionals, and offices in Victoria, Vancouver, and Edmonton. The successful candidate will work alongside other professionals in a fast-paced, exciting, and professional work environment in Vancouver, BC.
- Assist with transcribing interviews, coding and analyzing interview data following established protocols.
- Manage information, including field notes, audio, and video files.
- Update and track internal content management system (Sharefile) and support all team members to archive project-related documents and data effectively.
- Track and document personal hours and expenses.
- Assist with Firelight internal and external communications.
- Assist with research & drafting of reports and proposals.
- Work closely with Firelight researchers and travel to remote areas to provide support with research and interviews using social science methods that follow consistent documentation protocols.
- Travel regularly up to 10 days per month, not necessarily consecutively, in remote communities.
- Provide logistical support with coordination of projects and events.
- Share ideas for potential research and operational improvements, and implement where approved.
- Support administrative duties, special projects, and other tasks as may be required.
Degree in anthropology, sociology, or related field, or relevant work experience, with an interest in pursuing a career in this field is an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of Indigenous communities. Candidates who can prove significant community experience will be preferred.
- Experience synthesizing and analyzing data using a variety of methods.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment that includes diverse interests, including First Nations and their members.
- Strong attention to detail and highly proficient with information management systems and protocols.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences such as existing and potential clients, funders, directors, associates, and internal staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Driver’s license required.
Compensation and Perks:
- Banking of earned overtime.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up available.
- Two weeks of annual holiday and one week of paid Christmas week holiday.
To apply: Please respond to our online Indeed ad with a resume and cover letter addressed to John Kelly, Operations Manager. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Firelight is committed to respecting diversity within our workforce and specifically to increasing the number of Indigenous employees within our organization. As a result, we encourage all Indigenous applicants to self-identify in our recruitment and staffing processes and preference may be given to these applicants.
Working at the Firelight Group means being passionate about what we do. Be part of our amazing team, with a very exciting future.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.