- Posted by MG UG
- On April 2, 2021
- 0 Comments
Tundra Oil & Gas
Tundra Oil & Gas is a Manitoba-based oil and gas exploration and production company and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Winnipeg-based James Richardson & Sons, Limited. Tundra’s head office is in Winnipeg, with additional offices in Virden and Calgary. At Tundra, we believe that our people are the foundation of our success, and we are dedicated to growing our company in a sustainable and disciplined way. This philosophy has served us well since our inception in 1980. Today, Tundra is a team 300-strong, and a leader in the Manitoba and southeast Saskatchewan oil industry. We take pride in supporting the communities in which we operate and stewarding the resources we manage for today and for the future. We are committed to working together and to getting everyone home safe every day.
Tundra is seeking to fill a QA/QC Technician position based out of our Virden, MB office.
This position is responsible to ensure that Tundra Oil & Gas assets are crossed and maintained in accordance with all applicable codes, rules & regulations and in compliance with CSA Z662, Global Ground Disturbance Level II, Tundra Oil & Gas Ground Disturbance Code of Practice, and Tundra Oil & Gas PIMS / O & M Manuals. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring clear communication of Tundra expectations to all applicable parties for safe and compliant construction either crossing or in proximity to Tundra infrastructure.
Reporting to the Lead Asset Integrity Engineer, some specific duties and responsibilities of the QA/QC Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Tundra’s OneCall Manager system of all incoming crossing and proximity requests for third-party field activity.
- Assist Tundra’s Land Department in the drafting and execution of all third-party Crossing Agreements.
- Act as Tundra’s site representative at 3rd party crossings to ensure all applicable codes, standards and specific conditions of the agreement are adhered to.
- Ensure proper documentation and GPS information for buried infrastructure crossings in compliance with CSA-Z662.
- Assist with preparing standard 3rd party flowline and cable crossing drawings clarifying excavation and backfill expectations.
- Assist with preparing, supervising and/or executing of integrity related projects to support field operations.
- Assist the facilities group with incoming GPS of new construction. Importing and management of data into Tundra Oil & Gas mapping programs.
- Assist with map and record retention programs and the management of data for buried facilities.
- Assist in developing and implementing the Pipeline Integrity Management Systems and Operations & Maintenance Integrity programs within Tundra.
- Assist with integrity related engineering assessment projects for both existing and new infrastructure (ex. defect acceptance, change in operating conditions, etc.)
- Assist with evaluation of engineering competence requirements for contract supervision and outside engineering companies.
- Identify and communicate applicable changes to CSA Z662 or provincial regulations.
- Assist as required with compliance of Pipeline Integrity Management programs.
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of cathodic protection programs.
- Bring forward and assist with implementing new programs as required.
Candidates for this position will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Experience with Pipeline Integrity Management Systems
- Engineering or Technology memberships in relevant associations considered an asset
- Experience with CSA Z662 code and knowledge of ASME B31.3 code considered an asset
- Understanding of Municipal, Provincial and Federal Acts and Regulations that govern the construction, operation and maintenance of pipeline assets
- Ground Disturbance Level II supervisory experience an asset
- Line locating of buries infrastructure experience an asset
- Basic understanding of Land Surveying considered an asset
- Understanding of mechanical, civil and pipeline construction methods.
- Understanding of and ability to read and interpret engineering drawings – PFD, P&ID’s, Isometrics, plot plans, surveys
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in using AutoCAD and AccuMap is considered an asset
- Ability to operate GIS/ GPS equipment
- Knowledge of, and willingness to achieve certification in
- H2S Alive
- First Aid & CPR
- Ground Disturbance Level II
- Confined space
- Defensive Driving
- Has strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills, treats all team members respectfully.
- Demonstrates leadership, communication and organizational skills and shows desire for continuous improvement.
- Accepts ownership and delivers on commitments.
- Has the ability to receive, process, and organize large volumes of data and information.
- Is able to prioritize activities and rank information details in terms of importance, and deal with it accordingly.
- Embraces new technologies and recognizes the need for changes.
- Responds effectively to changing conditions.
- Thinks critically and acts logically to evaluate situations and generate required steps to ensure success.
- This position is primarily office based, but with time spent at field facilities and construction sites as required.
- Adhere to the safety accountabilities as per Tundra’s Safety Policy.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume by the end of the day April 8, 2021.
We wish to thank all candidates for their interest; however only those being considered for interviews will be
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.