- Posted by MG UG
- On March 31, 2021
- 0 Comments
Website City of Winnipeg
Closing Date: April 13, 2021
This position determines and assigns addresses that are used for all properties (new and existing), maintains processes to ensure accurate permanent address records and addressing schemes are available and is responsible for the effective operation, troubleshooting, documentation, and ongoing maintenance of addresses in the Department’s mapping and property management systems. This position also investigates, resolves and responds to addressing inquiries, complaints and problems.
As the Property Addressing Technician 2 you will:
- Determine, assign and maintain property addresses for buildings, additions or demolitions on existing properties in connection with the permit issuance process.
- Determine and assign addresses and create property records as part of the land development process.
- Investigate and respond to addressing inquiries, complaints and problems.
- Process requests for change of address, and additional addresses on buildings.
- Support the Branch with basic mapping and property management systems related work.
Your education and qualifications include:
- A Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Certificate and/or equivalent combination of experience, education and training may be considered.
- One (1) year related work experience, including working with legal survey plans (i.e.: Plans of Subdivision), land development processes, interpreting and plotting basic title descriptions and writing basic Legal descriptions.
- Experience reading and interpreting construction drawings (i.e.: engineering, architectural, building, blueprint, survey).
- Experience in determining and assigning addresses in a municipal environment is an asset.
- Experience in writing and understanding SQL queries is an asset.
- Ability to accurately plot the following:
- Subdivision plan details from a legal survey plans of different scale, survey certificates or legal descriptions.
- Building outline from building plans or survey certificates.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, technical drawings, and specifications, as required and pertinent to the duties of the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to analyze problems, develop and recommend solutions.
- Ability to organize work and set priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal professionally with the public with a high customer orientation.
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to create professional written communication with customers.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products particularly Word and Excel software.
- Knowledge in the operations of the Winnipeg Land Titles Office, particularly in plan examination and registration processes is an asset.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain a Police Information Check, please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented