- Posted by MG UG
- On March 21, 2020
- 0 Comments
Farmers Edge is a global leader in decision agriculture servicing over 24 million acres worldwide with precision digital solutions. Integrating field-centric data, easy-to-use software, state-of-the-art processing technology, predictive modelling, and advanced agronomic analytics, Farmers Edge provides growers with scalable solutions to produce more with less. Using innovative digital agronomic tools, Farmers Edge solutions focus on the sustainable production of high-yielding, high-quality crops and are designed to optimize inputs, minimize environmental impact, and protect economic viability of the farm. From seed selection to yield data analytics, Farmers Edge transforms big data into timely and accurate insights to support informed decision making.
Precision Technology Specialist
Location: Kenton, MB
Reporting to the Hub Operations Manager, the Precision Technology Specialist is the key role responsible to ensure that Farmers Edge technology is in place and operational at our growers farms by installing equipment and providing field support to our customers.
Duties may include the following:
- Install Variable Rate equipment and software in the equipment cab on farm or remotely;
- Act as a training specialist to growers on farm to ensure equipment is operational;
- Maintenance support on CanPlug (hardware), FarmCommand (software) and weather stations;
- Access and collect relevant data including yield maps, as applied maps, NERP data;
- Process and analyze relevant on-farm data;
- Maintain inventory log with accurate grower equipment records;
- Provide excellent customer service to growers;
- Answer grower inquiries on the tech support line and provide troubleshooting advice to growers as required;
- Work with the operational team to jointly support grower relationships in the territory;
- Day or overnight travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Previous experience with farm machinery, basic geographic information systems (GIS); GPS systems, variable rate technology, or mapping software;
- Technologically inclined;
- Strong customer service skills and problem solving abilities;
- Valid drivers license with a reasonably clear driving record;
- Education in Agriculture a preferred asset.
Compensation: Farmers Edge offers a very competitive compensation package with health benefits, retirement plan and company vehicle. Salary dependent on qualifications and skill.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.