- Posted by MG UG
- On April 6, 2021
- 0 Comments
Gerrard Design is an office focused on the analysis, design, and visualization of communities. For a small firm, we have the unique ability to combine expertise in the disciplines of Urban Design, Planning, GIS, and Landscape / Architectural Design. Our progressive approach and attention to detail have offered us the opportunity to work on many prominent, urban projects.
We have built a reputation of producing, graphically engaging design work which encompasses community development at many scales. From regional systems to individual lots and land use to built form, we are able to dig into the details and help reveal opportunities. Sustainability, vibrant communities, and ultimately quality of life, are at the core of our values.
Our office is located in Toronto’s Leslieville neighborhood, easily accessible by transit (although currently working remotely).
We are looking for a full-time Planning / Urban design Technician who is looking for the opportunity to play a key role in a growing firm. This is a design / technical position that is best suited to someone with 7 to 12 years of experience in a similar role (Urban Design, Planning, Architecture or Landscape Architecture) with a focus on the design and technical aspects of planning urban and suburban neighbourhoods. Based on a collaborative approach involving co-workers, consultant team, and clients, your role will primarily focus on project management of Planning and Urban Design projects. Previous project management experience is preferred.
- Prepare master plans, site plan concepts, draft plans, land use studies, lotting studies, built form analysis, mapping, urban development and promotional graphic material, and other planning and urban design related documents.
- Collaboration with other multidisciplinary team members (co-workers, consultant team, and clients).
- Attend external client and consultant meetings (virtual or in person – post pandemic).
- Review work prepared within the office before issuing to client or submission.
- Implement and maintain graphic standards for maps, plans and documents.
- Maintain organized, clear, filing standards.
- Data management, site statistics, and other technical support tasks.
- Researching and compiling information on a variety of planning subjects.
- Inherent desire to continually learn and incorporate new strategies / technology into their work.
- Independently keep up with trends in the industry.
- Other duties as required.
- Degree / Diploma in Urban Design / Planning / Architecture / Landscape Architecture / Planning Technician).
- Minimum 7 years work experience in an office setting directly related to Urban Design / Planning (applicants with other work experience may be considered based on applicable demonstrated ability or through prior course / independent work).
- Ideal candidates will have an understanding of the administrative and environmental policies that govern Urban Planning in the GTA / Ontario.
- Thorough understanding of urban design / planning terminology, practices, procedures, standards and work methods.
- Minimum 7 years experience working primarily with autocad / map3D (or other prominent cad software) in an office setting to produce drawings (high skill level).
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Be organized with attention to detail and ability to work productively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be capable of producing high-quality work in an organized manner.
- Convey ideas graphically, that are clear and engaging.
- Good communication skills both written, oral, and graphic, along with strong problem-solving skills.
Experience not required but considered an asset:
- Intermediate experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- GIS Mapping
- Graphic design
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please include portfolio / examples of work with application (either attached to resume or link to online portfolio).
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only select candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $58.00-$85.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Planning: 5 years (preferred)
- CAD: 7 years (preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.