- Posted by MG UG
- On March 6, 2021
- 0 Comments
City of Winnipeg
Under the supervision of the Principal Planner, the Planner 2 participates in the delivery of planning programs and services related to development applications and/or mid- and long-range planning initiatives.
The position supports and assists other planning staff on various Divisional planning initiatives as required and may participate in community engagement activities representing the Urban Planning Division.
The Planner 2 provides recommendations on proposals for development, facilitates community processes, represents the Division at public hearings and participates with senior staff on more complex planning tasks and initiatives.
As the Utility 1 you will:
- Assist in the administration of planning services related to the development approval process.
- Participate in mid- and long- range planning activities.
- Research and report on new initiatives and trends in land use planning and land development.
- Deliver consultation and communication, internally and externally.
- Perform other duties consistent with the classification, as required.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree in City Planning or acceptable equivalent OR ability to obtain a Master’s Degree within twelve (12) months of appointment to position.
- Six (6) months related planning experience including writing policy that guides land use planning.
- Experience in public engagement.
- Working knowledge of sustainable development principles.
- Knowledge of contemporary planning and community issues.
- Working knowledge of computer systems, such as GIS.
- Understanding of and ability to apply and interpret the City of Winnipeg Charter, Plan Winnipeg, Secondary Plans, Zoning By-Laws and other relevant legislation.
- Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills including public presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong written communication skills including research and report writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with developers, applicants, community organizations, councilors, and other civic staff.
- Strong research, analytical and decision-making skills.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentially and to be discreet.
- Fluency in French would be an asset.
Conditions of employment:
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate at their expense. For information on obtaining a Police Information Check, please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police.
- Eligibility in membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners
- Registered Professional Planner (RPP) designation or must be enrolled as a Candidate toward the Registered Professional Planner (RPP) certification.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.