- Posted by MG UG
- On January 21, 2021
- 0 Comments
City of Winnipeg
Under the direction of the Parks Investment Strategies Coordinator and as part of the divisional Asset Management team, the Technical Assistant is responsible for participating in the division’s asset management data capture process, and providing input towards the development of divisional asset data information management system.
As the Parks Inventory Technical Assistant, you will:
- Collect, coordinate and audit asset data in the field using electronic devices.
- Travel to various park locations throughout the City, working outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Be involved with desktop mapping and confirmation of asset inventory.
- Work in small groups and/or independently.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Successful completion of 1st year of post-secondary education in Horticulture, Greenspace Management or related field.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of City Geography (streets and neighborhoods within the City of Winnipeg).
- Previous experience with City of Winnipeg Parks Inventory and GIS software is preferred.
- Plant identification skills is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technology and database software.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a valid Driver’s Notice in Force letter.
- Physically able to perform the duties of the job, which may include, but are not limited to: working outdoors in potentially extreme weather conditions, ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods and over uneven terrain.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
To apply for this job please visit careers.winnipeg.ca.