- Posted by MG UG
- On April 30, 2021
- 0 Comments
Website RM of East St. Paul
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Hours of Work – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Work Location – Infrastructure Services, 2801 Gateway Road
Opening Date: April 26, 2021
Closing Date: Position will remain open until filled. However, screening may begin as early as May 10, 2021.
Compensation: $22.40 – $28.59 per hour, plus benefits (after 6 months full-time employment)
Under the supervision of the Director of Infrastructure Services, the Municipal Technologist I is responsible for; performing field surveys, working in conjunction with the Director of Infrastructure Services and/or the Municipal Technologist II on specific projects, performing municipal infrastructure inspections, preparing construction reports, and providing support for Public Works, Public Services & Facilities and the Utilities divisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform field surveys by;
· Completing preliminary surveys for construction of ditches, drains, and roads; making and/or checking routine quantity calculations; organizing and maintaining construction-related drawings and documentation files,
· Conducting surveys for lots with drainage issues,
· Ensuring the accuracy of temporary benchmarks established,
· Ensuring survey data is downloaded to appropriate network drive and is properly processed,
· Maintaining survey equipment and survey vehicle in good working condition,
· Maintaining accurate records of completed surveys.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Infrastructure Services and/or the Municipal Technologist II on specific projects by;
· Setting and inspecting lot grades, house grades and swales,
· Drawing, plotting and designing ditches and drains,
· Surveying and designing parking lots, ditches; ensuring adequate drainage,
· Ensuring quality assurance and control methods are implemented and followed.
- Perform municipal infrastructure inspections by;
· Performing necessary inspections for all sewer, water, lot grade and approach permits and address deficiencies,
· Conducting calculations for installation of sewer, water and road infrastructure projects,
· Completing inspections of all sewer, water, road and other municipal infrastructure projects,
· Maintaining accurate records of work performed, deficiencies, non-conformance items, tests and other associated information.
- Prepare construction reports for all municipal projects by;
· Writing routine construction-related reports and correspondence,
· Preparing letters, memoranda, and reports as required to respond to referrals, inquiries and issues,
· Drawing and maintaining AutoCad drawings related to multiple municipal projects,
· Coordinating with the Planning Department to ensure all maps, drawings and specifications are updated.
· Participating in plan reviews, contract administration and Geographic Information Systems updating,
· Participating in design projects using accepted engineering methods and practices for a variety of construction projects related to municipal infrastructure and new development.
- Provide engineering support for Public Works, Public Services & Facilities and the Utilities divisions by;
· Providing inspections, surveys and or reporting as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge in the safe use and operation of various equipment to which assigned.
· Advanced knowledge in AutoCad Civil 3D and ArcGIS.
· Advanced knowledge in Microsoft office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio).
· Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
· Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to deal with the public in a respectful manner.
· Ability to prepare clear, concise and complete technical reports, and to keep detailed and accurate records.
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
· Ability to establish and maintain working relationship with associates.
· Ability to provide support and information to other staff.
· Ability to apply engineering principles and practices in the municipal field.
Credentials and Experience:
· Diploma in Civil Engineering or Construction Technology from an institute of recognized standing plus a minimum of two years related experience. Experience directly related to civil engineering and/or municipal infrastructure construction works considered an asset.
· Municipal Engineering or Construction Management Technology considered an asset.
· Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) certification, and eligibility for membership in Certified Technicians & Technologists Association of Manitoba (CTTAM).
· Eligible for membership in Engineers and Geoscientists Manitoba (EGM) in the Specified Scope of Practice Licensee (SSPL) program.
· Valid Province of Manitoba driver’s class five (5) license.
· Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
· Work requiring the exertion of up to 50 pounds of force,
· Work requires climbing, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pulling, lifting, and grasping,
· Vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word,
· Hearing is required for operation of machines, and operation of motor vehicles or equipment,
· Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, pollen, dust, extreme cold, extreme heat, and noise.
Application deadline: 2021-05-10
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.40-$28.59 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
The RM of East St. Paul is adhering to all Provincial guidelines regarding workplace protocols as they relate to COVID-19
- Are you a member, or eligible for membership in the Engineers & Geoscientists Manitoba in the Specified Scope of Practice Licensee (SSPL) Program
- Are you a member, or eligible for membership in the Certified Technicians & Technologist Association of Manitoba (CTTAM)
- civil engineering or related: 2 years (preferred)
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or Construction Technology (preferred)
- Certified Engineering Technologist certification (CET) (preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (preferred)