- Posted by MG UG
- On March 6, 2021
- 0 Comments
Manitoba Habitat Heritage Corporation (MHHC)
The Manitoba Habitat Heritage Corporation (MHHC) is seeking an independent, highly motivated individual to fill the Habitat Conservation Technician position to join the program delivery team and support the delivery of the conservation programs in Manitoba.
Reporting to the Field Manager and working closely with the Habitat Monitoring Specialist, the incumbent will support the MHHC Conservation Program Delivery with project surveying and administrative reporting duties, related to Conservation Agreement Baselines and Monitoring, Range Health Assessments, Wetland functional Assessments, GIS and GPS Mapping and Project Tracking, MHHC Land Management Project Tracking and File Maintenance.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in the ecology, environmental science, wildlife management, land and water management or agricultural disciplines
- Knowledge of current agriculture and conservation trends, issues and organizations in Manitoba
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Power point, Excel, Teams, SharePoint) and adobe
- Experience or technical training in ArcMap 10.6, Arc Online, GIS and GPS
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and time management skills
- A highly motivated individual capable of working independently
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Understanding of the Section/Township/Range Land Title System
- Valid Class 5 drivers license
The following qualifications are considered an asset
- On-farm Experience with livestock and equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of the Stewart and Kantrud Wetland Classification System
- Experience or Education in photography
- Experience in working or living in Rural Manitoba
Please include resume & cover letter when applying.
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 2021-03-19
Expected start date: 2021-05-01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brandon, MB (Required)
- Field work/surveying: 1 year (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.