- Posted by MGUG Admin
- On June 9, 2021
Esri Canada is looking for an urban solutions GIS consultant for its professional services team. He / she will be required to provide technical knowledge and carry out the consulting projects assigned to him / her. The successful candidate will also need to use his / her skills in analyzing user needs as well as in designing, developing and implementing customer solutions.
- Contribute to the development of the project scope, estimated schedule and budget for urban development services
- Provide services to clients for the implementation of ArcGIS Urban (including interpretation of municipal or corporate urban planning documents) and urban planning scenarios in ArcGIS Urban and related 3D software
- Provide documentation and support to customers, as needed, so they can effectively use ArcGIS Urban
- Participate in the development, testing, documentation and installation of customized applications based on Esri products, and provide training on these applications
- Work with customers to assist with software implementation
- Work closely with project teams to meet customer expectations and achieve set objectives
- Participate in needs analysis, definition of functional requirements and determination of business solution requirements
- Participate in the development of plans for assigned projects
- Participate in the preparation of sales documents (such as responses to requests for proposals, information and prices)
- Proactively ensure self-learning periods on all relevant topics
Training, experience and skills required
- University or college degree, preferably in urban planning, urban design or a related field
- Knowledge of urban and regional programs and urban planning policy in Canada, including zoning by-laws and land use
- Experience in mapping or modeling urban developments and zoning policies using GIS
- Demonstrated general GIS skills and in-depth knowledge of Esri’s ArcGIS software suite
- Great ability to make presentations, communicate and build relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and prioritize on time
Skills considered assets
- Good knowledge of third-party 3D software, such as AutoCAD, Revit, BIM360, Rhino, SketchUp, 3D Studio Max or Blender
- Good knowledge in building data modeling (BIM)
- Bilingualism (fluency in English and French)
Esri Canada provides a dynamic workplace where candidates can develop their skills using cutting-edge tools and technologies in a team-based approach. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Esri Canada respects the principle of employment equity and reviews all applications. Throughout the selection and recruitment process, we will try to find accommodation for anyone who requests it. Please note that we will only contact those selected for an interview.
Due to the pandemic, Esri Canada employees are currently working remotely while having the option to travel to their offices as needed, until a formal return-to-work plan is developed.
Once they can safely return to work, Esri Canada employees will be required to work from their assigned offices. However, as our telework policy allows in some cases, they can apply for and have a telework arrangement approved. In general, telecommuting arrangements still require employees to visit their offices frequently.
Job type: Full Time