- Posted by MG UG
- On June 9, 2021
- 0 Comments
Are you looking for an interesting and challenging career path? Are you passionate about construction and building on your future? We are committed to providing opportunities for development to our employees and create a positive impact on our organization!
Penn-co Construction is a leading construction company currently looking for a Field Surveyor to join our team working in remote northern locations. Penn-co offers an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and bonus plan. If you are looking to join a leader in the construction industry and bring projects to life, then this may be the perfect fit for you.
– Collect and manage geospatial data from a variety of sources
– Provide support to design team regarding co-ordinate systems and adjustment of survey data
– Undertake surveys for geospatial data collection and construction layout
– Construction supervision and inspection
– Test and implement new geospatial tools, including hardware, applications and software
– Help to develop, inform and implement best practices for geospatial data collection, workflow, quality control and management
– Monitor new innovation and technology and make recommendations for geospatial hardware, applications and software
– Protect/maintain survey equipment
– Import and export of geospatial data and methodology for survey data collection
– Develop/create layout files from a variety of formats .pdf, .dxf, CAD. .csv, etc.
– Creating as-built files and project turnover documentation
– All other duties as required and assigned
– A diploma in geomatics or civil engineering technology
– Legal surveyor designation is considered an asset
– 3-5 years geomatics experience in engineering, control, civil construction, piping and earthwork/volume surveys and GIS data collection
– Construction layout experience to include urban and rural roadways, linear pipes, bridges and structures, civil infrastructure, and earthworks
– Experience in the use of ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit and Trimble Business Centre
– Extensive GPS, Total Station (Robotic), and rod and level experience (Leica/Trimble/Topcon)
– Able to work in outdoor conditions that may include heat, dust, cold, rain, and noise
– Physically strenuous work in northern remote locations
Building Confidence Through Performance – Penn-co has been in business for over 60 years! Check out website www.penn-co.com to see a list of multiple projects that we have completed and are currently working on!
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Fly-In/Fly-Out, Permanent
- Overtime pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
Yes, following all guidelines.
- Surveying: 1 year (preferred)
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.