- Posted by MG UG
- On May 10, 2020
- 0 Comments
Fleet Profit Center, Inc
Founded in 2003, Fleet Profit Center Inc. is a telematics, integration and software development company. From our humble beginnings assisting clients with the adoption of GPS technology and maximizing their efficiency, we have become a vital component for companies undergoing Digital Transformation to help ensure their success in the economies of the future.
In response to Premier Palister’s request to the Manitoba’s business community to create new opportunities for students under the Manitoba Summer Student Recovery Jobs Program, we have created the role of Spreadsheet Specialist. This entry level and term position is available to a qualifying student possessing intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel and a savviness with cloud-based tools. The ideal candidate with be very organised, able to follow directions while also thinking on their feet and have a desire to understand the processes that businesses are undertaking to become more competitive in today’s modern and changing-as-we-speak environment.
As a Spreadsheet Specialist, you will be working with reports generated in Microsoft Excel that have not yet graduated the digital transformation process. As such you will be required to utilize filters or run pre-existing macros to group information in a manner that exposes results relevant to separate data set(s) not yet integrated into the report. Then, manually update the source data via a cloud platform. This can be as simple as clicking a button to start a pre-defined process that produces the desired results and perform simple data entry or email the results. More often, you will be required to perform analysis against certain results using other tools or platforms, draw conclusions about what you find and often be ready to justify your findings prior to updating source data. In essence, you will manually perform the AI portion of a solution that is under development or being evaluated. As such you may be asked to participate in discussions with the development team to share insights you may have gleaned while working with the data manually.
In these times of physical distancing there will be very limited in person orientation and training. Virtual training and ongoing assistance and collaboration will occur through web meetings and video conferencing. Until such time that “new normal” operations can resume at our office at 260 Marion St in Winnipeg, you will be required to work from home and utilize your home internet connection. You will be provided with a work laptop and office accessories.
The position is full time, 30 to 40 hours per week. Wage ranges from $12 to $14 per hour, depending on experience. It could be an excellent opportunity for a pre-Co-Op student to gain understanding of the transition from manual to automated processes through software development by observing and participating in real world scenarios.
- Demonstrated intermediate level Excel skills including creation of pivot tables and reports.
- Advanced Excel knowledge including macro programming using VBA and/or use of formulas to complete complex processes is an asset.
- Demonstrated intermediate level Word skills including creation of documents and manuals an asset.
- Internet savvy and accustomed to the use of automated systems.
- Experience working with wireless or telecommunication technologies preferred.
- Exceptional relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated professionalism and poise.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Ability to work unsupervised, perform both repetitive and creative tasks and meet deadlines.
- Able to work with multiple distractions and interruptions throughout the day.
- Satisfactory completion of a criminal background check per our standard policy for all FPC staff.
- Able to empathize and derive gratification from solving problems.
- Work from home opportunities
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- MS Excel: 2 years (Required)
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.