- Posted by MG UG
- On February 14, 2021
- 0 Comments
Are you someone with developing leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a trusted partner and a problem solver? If you enjoy entrepreneurship and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Dillon’s Environmental Sciences technical group is looking for an Environmental/Civil Engineering or Technologist Student to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of to join our team. This opportunity will be based in our Winnipeg, Manitoba Office and will extend for a four to six month term.
What your day will look like
Field Work and Project Coordination (100%)
- Complete environmental field activities on Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), designated hazardous substances survey, soil and groundwater sampling, surface water and sediment sampling, soil vapour sampling, and remediation projects;
- Complete documentation of field activities, safety meetings, among others in paper and digital formats (as required)
- Operate, calibrate, and maintain project specific equipment
- Coordinate with laboratories, clients, subcontractors, third-party stakeholders
- Compile and analyse data
- Assist in report writing and prepare technical memos, letters, reports spreadsheets and figures, proposals
- Assist in supporting environmental assessment reports, including: data tables, borehole logs, test pit logs, GIS/CAD, etc.
- Assist with project managers and other team members, including geoscientists, biologists, engineers, planners, and environmental scientists
- Coordinate and manage project tasks, budgets and schedules
- Comply with applicable health and safety procedures and guidelines
- Able to work remotely for weeks at a time (i.e., northern Manitoba)
- Business travel upon request
What you will need to succeed
- Working towards Environmental/Civil Engineering degree/diploma, currently enrolled in and completing 2nd or 3rd year of studies
- Strong working Knowledge of Microsoft Office i.e Word, Excel
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge in several of: geology, hydrogeology, field procedures, basic chemistry, contracting/construction, chemistry, geotechnical concerns, geology, hydrogeology, remediation engineering, site characterization, waste management, landfill design, health and safety will be considered an asset
- Experience working around heavy equipment, including drill rigs and excavators
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated abilities to work in multidisciplinary team and independently
- Knowledge of relevant provincial, and federal environmental legislation and policies will be considered an asset
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD, GIS, Surfer, GINT or database abilities will be an asset
Training to be provided:
- Hydrogeological Studies
- Environmental Site Assessments
- Monitoring Programs
- Site Remediation
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With 20 offices and more than 900 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 14 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require accommodation in the interview process.
We would love to hear from you!
*Please enclose your resume and cover letter upon completion of your online application.