- Posted by MG UG
- On May 10, 2020
- 0 Comments
ROHL Global Networks
Rohl Global Networks is the premier turnkey telecommunications firm, headquartered in Acheson Alberta. We specialize in telecommunications construction across Canada and the US, as well as long fiber optic deployment in remote regions of North America.
We are currently searching for a Drone Engineer to fulfill a research and development role within our organization for a one-year term in a “work from home” capacity. The ideal candidate is hardworking and a self-starter with a proven track record of creativity and has extensive experience with commercial or consumer drone technologies.
The Drone Engineer will be responsible for developing new imaging software utilizing high-resolution thermal imaging and GIS to support the design, permitting and deployment of Telecommunication Infrastructure across North America.
The contract term is for 1 year beginning June 15, 2020.
*NOTE – This position requires candidate to be based in Manitoba, the Yukon or North West Territories and is required to travel to remote locations to support the job function. Estimated 25% travel required*
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development of new applications, processes, and technologies purposed to support the design and deployment of Telecommunication Infrastructure in remote environments
- Proficiency in use analytical or scientific software, Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) software, design environment software, and graphics or photo imaging software
- Ability to read blueprints, technical drawings and schematics and research and design machinery, equipment and operating systems for unmanned aircraft
- Ability to manage rigorous security requirements specific to the nature of ROHL’s projects
- Development of documentation to support new process and applications specific to Drone Technologies
- Remote travel required to facility design work in the field to support job functions
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Civil, Electrical or Network Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in the Telecommunication Industry
- Active Transport Canada Small Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS), Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) Pilot Certificate – Advanced operations, or ability to obtain certificate
- Experience with high-resolution thermal technology and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Preference will be given to candidates who have hands-on experience with commercial or consumer drone technologies
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with Telecommunication Outside Plant implementations
- Must have valid driver’s license and own reliable transportation
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $75,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- engineering: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.