- Posted by MG UG
- On March 14, 2021
- 0 Comments
Esri Canada has an immediate need for a Director, Product Development on our Property Assessment team. In this role, you will contribute to the ongoing product strategy, development and productization of Esri Canada’s Assessment products while providing the highest quality technical advice, based on a sound understanding of current and emerging trends in not only the GIS, but also the wider information systems field.
Director, Product Development Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Managing Director, Assessment, lead a team to:
- Design major aspects of the Assessment products’ functionality, including components such as user interface, middleware and infrastructure.
- Provide architectural leadership for the growth of geospatial product capabilities using the ArcGIS platform.
- Provide technical leadership to the applications development team.
- Perform design and code reviews.
- Ensure that uniform enterprise-wide application design standards are maintained.
- Continually improve and maintain team adherence to development processes and practices.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure architecture is aligned with business requirements.
- Work with Esri Canada customers to understand strategic Assessment deployment objectives and apply Esri design methodology to establish infrastructure specifications.
- Work with several technical solution alternatives to establish optimum system designs.
- Complete technical studies and write technical recommendations and reports.
- Collaborate with Esri Inc., cloud vendors and Esri business partners to address customer performance issues and provide optimum architecture solutions.
- Collaborate with Esri Canada’s Technology Strategy Group to ensure corporate product development and product management standards and processes are followed and continuously improved as required.
- Liaise with the Director, Technology Strategy on Esri Technology considerations where appropriate.
- Undertake Quality Assurance reviews of proposed solution architectures for other projects, including if appropriate, alternative views on the architecture.
- Conduct customer training and workshops on Esri system design methods and system deployment best practices.
- Support pre-sales and post-sales activities related to technical aspects of Assessment products.
- Support the Managing Director of Assessment in ensuring that the Sales Team & Professional Services Team are trained on the appropriate functionalities of the Assessment Products and that the support organization has the proper level of skill and tools required to support the products.
- Provide full life cycle product planning and technology road maps including interdependency planning.
Specific Skill Requirements:
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS or equivalent education and experience
- Extensive knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- 5+ years of information systems management experience
- 5+ years working with Esri technology
- 5+ years’ experience as a lead developer on GIS/IT projects
- 2+ years working developing solution architectures
- Experienced using Microsoft server technologies (NET, C#, ASP.NET MVC/Core, Entity, Angular, SQL Database, TypeScript)
- Demonstrated experience in the strategic analysis of information technology and enterprise architecture
- Demonstrated experience in and the knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Demonstrated experience preparing and presenting technical materials, including standards, procedures, and technical specification to technical and non-technical audience
- In-depth experience in relational database modeling, design, implementation, query
- In-depth experience with object-oriented system design and modeling
- Experience with development and evaluation of system architecture design strategies
- Strong technical writing experience
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Experience working with large IT organizations as both an employee and as a customer
- Formal training in Management and/or Leadership KSA’s (knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Understanding of mass appraisal and/or real estate database systems
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with requirements management and analysis through story mapping and business process modeling
- Ability to communicate object-oriented designs using UML modeling diagrams
- Esri Technical Certifications
- Enterprise System Design – Associate
- Enterprise Administration – Associate
- Mobile Developer – Associate
- Either ArcGIS Desktop Developer Professional or Web Application Developer Professional
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package. Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.