- Posted by MG UG
- On September 13, 2020
- 0 Comments
Manitoba Eco Network
Digital Engagement Coordinator
The digital engagement coordinator will play an important role in expanding the digital presence and capabilities of the Manitoba Eco-Network(MbEN), and suppor tour policy analysis, research, and community engagement projects and activities. The digital engagement coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and Resource Manager.
- Post regularly on social media platforms and help build the organization’s connections online
- Coordinate and support the distribution of relevant information and articles on social media
- Maintenance of membership and donation database
- Contribute to Eco-Journal newsletter
- Update website with content
- Assist in event planning and outreach activities
·Generate maps and related graphs and charts
·Plan map content, format and design and compile required data from aerial photographs, survey notes, records, reports and other maps
·Maintain and manage digital database
·Process data to conduct basic analyses of trends
·Write specifications and technical reports
·Create GIS storyboard
·Fluency in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, MailChimp, Word Press, WIX, ArcGIS, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop, Microsoft Office
·Experience conducting research, report-writing, statistical analysis, mapping and GIS
·Experience with using/developing databases/spreadsheets ·Excellent verbal and written communication skills
·Self-motivated, driven, and organized with good time management skills
·Passion for social and environmental justice and experience volunteering or working in a related field
This is a 10-12 month contract at $18 per hour for approximately 28-35 hours per week, with an anticipated start date of late September/early October 2020.
Some flexibility on work schedule can be arranged. The contract may be extended based on funding availability.
MbEN is a unionized workplace. This position falls under our collective agreement with the Canadian Union ofPublic Employees.
Manitoba Eco-Network is committed to Employment Equity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. This position is supported by the Eco-Canada Science Horizon Internship Program.
Applicants must meet the following criteria set by the program:
- Currently unemployed or underemployed
- Able to work in a full-time, permanent position within 30 days from application
- Intend to lead an environmental career in STEM or natural resources
- Graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution with a 2 year diploma or 4 year degree
- 30 years of age or younger, Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or have refugee status
The deadline for applications is Friday September 25
th, 2020. Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply. Only qualified applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit mbeconetwork.org.