- Posted by MG UG
- On March 17, 2021
- 0 Comments
Be a part of a transformational journey with innovative talent and leading edge technologies.
Join our team
The Wireless Networks and Service Dev Ops – Client Support Team is an operational team that works with all aspects of Engineering, Sales and our clients to ensure that TELUS continues to deliver on its best network commitment, backed by third party awards such as Ookla’s “#1 in Mobile Network Speed in Manitoba”, PC Mag’s “Canada’s Fastest Mobile Network” and Open Signal’s “Fastest Overall Download Speed”.
We are always looking for new ways to impress clients with our ability to respond to network problems, proactively avoid network problems, support sales in all aspects of TELUS networks, and build 5G networks in Manitoba.
With the increasing complexity of radio systems and the advent of 5G wireless technology, you will have the opportunity not only to master new technologies, but also apply modern engineering best practices, including automation and machine learning to build a wireless network that delivers an excellent customer experience.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
You will be an integral part of the Wireless Networks and Service Dev Ops – Client Support Team in Manitoba, representing TELUS while interacting with various cross-functional teams across different business units at TELUS and external stakeholders like our clients on the deployment of 5G technologies. This is a dynamic opportunity with a Customers First focus that will see you in a ‘virtual’ boardroom one day presenting to the leadership team, and impressing a client with TELUS’ level of commitment to resolve all network problems the next day. In your pursuit of network perfection, you’ll develop innovative tools, dashboards and best practices in addition to working with our world class Access and Core Engineering Teams to test and implement a 5G network. Your passion and experience in telecommunications and software development will help shape how we continue to achieve our best network standing in Manitoba.
- Resolve client reported network problems in the field or remotely
- Participate in the development of tools and dashboards to analyze wireless network KPIs in search of network issues that impact the client experience
- Apply your knowledge in data science, such as big data analytics, to improve the client experience and advance automation opportunities that improve the team’s efficiency in find root causes of network issues
- Use your knowledge of network virtualization and cloud computing platforms to design and grow a 5G network
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams like Technology Strategy and Product Development to understand new technologies and services to prepare our team to succeed in an evolving business environment such as 5G and IoT
- Analyze dashboards and create data visualizations: You will provide insight into client experience that can be shared with executives, peer groups and tools that are implemented in customer portals
- Monitor network performance and using machine learning techniques: You will help to proactively identify network problems and avoid client issues on the wireless network, by introducing automation
- Participate in small to medium size projects which require analytics or capability development (such as analysis, reporting or platform)
- Apply your knowledge of GIS (geographic information system) technology to geo-locate network problems
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- With 3 to 5 years’ of experience working in a data science, computer science or related field
- Recognized for your passion for developing tools and using data analytics to improve network KPIs and the client experience
- Hands on experience with network virtualization and cloud computing platforms such as Open Stack
- Acknowledged for your strong understanding of databases and big data, including MySQL, NoSQL databases (such as MongoDB, Netezza, Splunk, Hadoop)
- Hands on experience with data analytics tools like Tableau, Alteryx
- Commended for your experience with machine learning algorithms (such as deep learning)
- With your basic understanding of GIS technology (such as MapInfo, ArcGIS)
- Demonstrated innovation to introduce change for improvement in work efficiency and cost savings
- Valued for your ability to consult and communicate with various levels of management
- With your valid G driver’s license or other provincial equivalent
- With a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Understanding of 3GPP (LTE/UMTS/HSPA), radio access network design, optimization and capacity engineering
- Experience in the field of data science/big data analytics
- Telecommunications experience
Who is TELUS?
We’re a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
To apply for this job please visit telus.taleo.net.