- Posted by MG UG
- On October 31, 2020
- 0 Comments
Who We Are
At Vale, we believe in innovation as a foundation for our development as we pursue our vision of becoming the top tier natural resources’ company in the world.
Operating in Canada for more than 100 years, we are a leading producer of iron-ore, copper, cobalt and precious metals and the world’s second-largest nickel mining company. We seek to grow profitably but only as a safe, high-quality and balanced mining company.
Our Vale Exploration Department is currently seeking:
The Coordinator-Exploration Geoscience, located in Thompson, MB
The Coordinator, Exploration Geoscience will provide manual, technical, and/or administrative assistance to senior personnel in assigned work areas, in the field and/or office environment. May capture or process accurate exploration information using borehole and surface instruments or by applying various sampling techniques. May build, manipulate or process digital or paper data/information in the office environment. May involve advising the work of other employees/peers and contractors.
- Collect and/or process Geophysical, Geotechnical and Geological exploration data/samples following established procedures that may involve operation of technical borehole or surface instrumentation and computer data entry or processing. Processed data/samples are reviewed for accuracy, recorded, inventoried and analyzed as warranted and the results reported.
- Operate and assist in the basic maintenance of ancillary equipment (for example, core saw, rock saw, chainsaw, pumps, snow machines, ATV/UTV, trucks, forklifts, small motors, computers, computer peripherals, printers, etc.)
- Ensure compliance and conformance of exploration activities through site visits and inspections.
- Participate in all equipment/vehicle pre-operating inspections, workplace inspections, toolbox meetings and safety meetings.
- Follow Vale safety policies, procedures, protocol, guidelines, best practices and government regulations at all times.
- Respect the safety and state of the natural environment and other personnel and parties.
- Complete a variety of administrative/technical duties as requested by the Supervisor/Manager.
- Daily direction of the work of a small number of employees or contractors may be required.
- Secondary School or Community College diploma/degree.
- C.E.T, C.Tech, A.Sc.T. (OACETT) or equivalent certification preferred
- 3-4 years of proven experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment where exposure to temperature extremes and noise is frequent.
- Good understanding of modern mineral exploration and mining techniques.
- Excellent verbal communication (English) and strong social skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as vital.
- Ability to work effectively with various technologies including borehole and surface surveying tools.
- Possess self-motivation, effective problem solving, and time management and prioritization skills.
- Flexible, meticulous and attention to detail.
- Valid G driver’s license.
- Must be capable of operating ATV/UTVs and snow mobile as well as be comfortable driving company trucks off-road.
- Good digital literacy (experience with MS office products, GIS and 3D softwares an asset).
- Completion of the following preferred:
- Defensive Driving
- CSC ATV/UTV Operation
- CSC Snowmobile Operation
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Train the Trainer
- Additional training as required will be provided
- Bilingualism is an asset (French).
Vale is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, accommodation is available throughout our recruitment process for applicants with disabilities.
Please be advised that only those applicants who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.