- Posted by MG UG
- On October 31, 2020
- 0 Comments
1911 Gold Corporation
1911 Gold Corporation is a junior gold producer and exploration company based in
Bissett, Manitoba. Find out more at www.1911gold.com
1911 Gold Corporation is seeking candidates to fill the position of contract core logging geologist. Working under the direction of a supervising project geologist, successful candidates will assist in all aspects of logging and sampling of drill core from various targets within the Archean Rice Lake greenstone belt of southeastern Manitoba.
As a key member of the exploration team, the incumbent will help advance exploration projects by interpreting and recording geological information from ongoing diamond drill programs into our geological database.
- Identification and description of lithological units, structures, alterations and mineralization within drill core.
- Consistently and concisely measure and record oriented structural data.
- Assist and instruct geological technicians in marking orientations lines on core and supervise the core cutting process.
- Work with supervising geologists to identify sample intervals and completing the sampling process.
- Monitor the quality control of the drill core and work with both the geology and drill teams to maintain quality orientated data.
- Potential for minor field work activities including: collar surveys, drill hole shutdown and drill collar staking.
- Creating and updating plan view and long section geological maps.
Applicants should have:
- 1-3 seasons of core logging experience.
- A B.Sc. honors or major degree in Geology.
- A valid Manitoba Driver’s License and experience driving on gravel roads.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Standard Level First Aid (+CPR/AED) certification.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision.
- Proficiency with computers and familiarity with geological database software.
- Previous drill management, geological fieldwork, exploration GIS software, leapfrog or mx deposit software is not required but considered an asset.
In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the following physical abilities are required:
- Ability to lift and carry repetitively up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform repetitive work with the hands, wrists and arms.
We ask that all applicants please keep in mind current COVID-19 travel restrictions.
Meals and camp accommodations will be provided for successful applicants.
1911 Gold Corporation is a junior gold producer and exploration company based in Bissett, Manitoba. Find out more at 1911gold.com.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resumé by November 30th, 2020.
Contract length: 4 months
Application deadline: 2020-11-30
Expected start date: 2020-12-01
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $300.00-$400.00 per day
- On-site gym
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.