- Posted by MG UG
- On February 18, 2021
- 0 Comments
Ducks Unlimited Canada
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), the leader in wetland conservation, is seeking a highly motivated student to fill the summer Conservation Technician position in Brandon, Manitoba.
Duties may include:
Day-to-day operation and maintenance of DUC’s upland projects which may include seeding, chemical and mechanical weed control, conducting controlled burns, and sign installations. You will be planning field activities within a team environment.
You will also be responsible for assisting annual project establishment, management inspections, and shop & equipment maintenance.
This position, which will be based from our office in Brandon, Manitoba, involves physical work, heavy lifting and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
Our ideal candidate will be able to take direction and execute tasks in a safe and efficient manner without direct supervision.
- Available for work between mid-May and late-August (approximately 15 -17 weeks)
- Full-time student between the ages of 17 and 30
- The position is based on funding where the successful candidate must be a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full time basis in the next academic year
- Experience driving manual transmission, farm tractors, operating ATV’s, and towing trailers
- Navigating with landowner maps (legal descriptions)
- GIS capabilities, familiar with GPS units
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Valid driver’s license; some travel within Southern MB
- Ability to work flexible hours, overnight, and with a strong work ethic
- Comfortable working as part of a team or independently
- Must have a passion for conservation, the environment and the outdoors.
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing deadline: March 10, 2021 (EDT)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations and landowners to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment. Learn more at ducks.ca.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.