- Posted by MG UG
- On February 18, 2021
- 0 Comments
Esri Canada has an exceptional professional opportunity for a Business Analyst focusing on Next Generation 911 (NG-911) projects across Canada. You will leverage your knowledge and experience in leading the business analysis and implementation of Enterprise GIS solutions for NG911 based on Esri technology. As a business analyst, you will contribute to the ongoing business operations of the company by effectively providing professional business analysis services for assigned consulting projects.
This position is based at any of the major offices of Esri Canada and reports to the Manager of Core Solutions.
The Business Analyst’s responsibilities include:
- Organize and facilitate requirements gathering workshops to solicit needs for projects
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand, identify and prioritize their technical and functional requirements
- Gather, analyze, evaluate suitability, define, document and validate business requirements
- Articulate ideas from the needs analysis to the technical team, project leads and management.
- Analyze and model business needs by producing relevant business documents such as use cases, cost-benefit analysis, process modeling, data flow diagrams etc.
- Conceptualize, communicate and validate solution options to the stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with the team to design well-architected customer-centric solutions that will meet business requirements
- Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications to management, peers, staff, project stakeholders
- Assist the project manager in documenting proposals responses.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in business analysis by incorporating the latest technology developments, trends and innovations
Specific skill requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the IT or GIS industry
- At least 3 years relevant work experience in NG-911 services and/or related addressing technologies, analyzing business needs, implementing changes, business process modeling, methodology development, data modeling, software development lifecycles and project planning.
- Proven skills in oral and written communication with excellent interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Experience in facilitation, management of group discussions and resolving dissent
- Detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in the field of business administration, information systems, computer science or related subjects
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Experience with NG-911, Public Safety, Civic addressing, Municipal planning and related fields
- Working knowledge of NENA standards.
- Excellent analytical, critical-thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Excellent self-managing skills, including initiative, time management, organization and accountability
- Strong Customer Service orientation
- Experience with working with GIS, especially Esri ArcGIS
Competencies in the following are considered as asset:
- Bilingual English/French
- Experience with working with local, provincial or federal governments.
- Completed or pursuing IIBA-CBAP certification
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package. Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.