- Posted by MG UG
- On May 3, 2021
- 0 Comments
Website ESRI Canada
Esri Canada has an immediate need for a 3D Urban Solutions Specialist in the Education and Research Group. The 3D Urban Solutions Specialist position will be primarily responsible for contributing to 3D and urban planning commercial projects for Esri Canada clients. Secondary responsibilities of this position will focus on 3D GIS for higher education, including the development of 3D and urban GIS educational resources for higher education. The successful candidate will also participate in related academic research projects and provide technical workshops on Esri’s GIS and 3D software offerings for higher education students. The position will report to the Director of Education and Research, and will be based in Esri Canada’s main office in Toronto, ON.
3D Urban Solutions Specialist responsibilities include:
- Assist with project scoping, time estimates and budgeting for commercial 3D urban services.
- Provide engaging demonstrations and training on Esri’s 3D urban software offerings to commercial clients.
- Work with Esri Canada’s Professional Services and Education and Research staff to implement 3D urban commercial services projects, including interpretation of municipal or company planning documents, and implementation of planning scenarios in ArcGIS Urban and associated 3D software.
- Provide documentation and support to commercial services clients as required, to ensure they can make effective use of commercial project products and services.
Education and Research:
- Develop educational tutorials that teach 3D urban and other 3D GIS concepts and software to higher education students.
- Prepare and present technical training sessions and/or demonstrations at university/college locations.
- Contribute to academic research projects with partnered institutions, including attending research meetings, contributing development time to help address research questions, and contributing to academic publications and presentations, as required.
Specific skill requirements:
- Minimum of a four-year University Degree or a Master’s Degree in planning or urban design, or a related field
- Knowledge of Canadian planning policy, including zoning regulations and land use
- Experience with mapping/modelling out urban developments and zoning policies using 3D GIS
- Proven experience with 3D GIS, including ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online (CityEngine, GeoPlanner and/or ArcGIS Urban experience strongly desired)
- Proven general GIS skills and deep familiarity with the Esri software suite
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks and prioritize work while meeting deadlines
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Experience with 3rd party 3D software such as AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, SketchUp, 3D Studio Max and/or Blender
- Experience with game engine programming in Unity or Unreal Engine.
- Experience with Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience with LiDAR processing
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package. Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.