Global Seismic Hazard Map

Portfolio Image

Project Description

Seismic Hazard Maps depict the level of chosen ground motions that likely will, or will not, be exceeded in a given time span. Hazard assessment programs commonly specify a 10% chance of exceedence (or a 90% chance of non-exceedance) of a ground motion parameter for an exposure time of 50 years, corresponding to a return period of 475 years. The Seismic Hazard Data describes the peak ground acceleration (PGA, ms-2).

Project Details