- Posted by MG UG
- On February 13, 2020
- 0 Comments
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 47684
Position Number: 20036285
Posting End Date: February 18, 2020
Site: WRHA Corporate
Work Location: St. Boniface Hospital
Department / Unit: Cardiac Sciences Program Administration
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 02/03/2020
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
The Quality System Support Analyst provides analytical and systems support for the WRHA Cardiac Sciences Program. This position will work closely with other members of the team to prepare data and perform statistical analysis all while ensuring that data integrity/quality is maintained. This position will offer support to other member of the Cardiac Sciences, Administrative Director team on various ongoing initiatives in quality improvement and statistical analysis.
- Five years experience required in analyzing data, preparing spreadsheets, computer programming, developing and managing databases; preferably within a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer technology to capture, manage, analyze, report, and present data.
- Advanced knowledge of databases and reporting software required.
- Working knowledge of other programming languages (e.g., VB, VBA) and familiarity with SQL would be considered an asset.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience using statistical software packages such as SAS or STATA is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with GIS software (e.g. ArcGIS) is considered an asset.
- Experience analyzing and monitoring organizational key performance indicators and quality/safety metrics for quality improvement purposes would be an asset.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in a health related, computer sciences, mathematics or statistics is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience in health services/health related research may be considered.
- License(s) and registration(s) consistent with educational and professional background.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, problem solving abilities, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write technical reports with a high level of proficiency.
- Computer literacy with data analysis software programs, knowledge of statistical procedures and applications required.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to use creative problem solving, effectively using captured program data to support alternate solutions.
- Must have good organizational skills, interpersonal skills, able to work independently, and with multi-disciplinary healthcare professionals, staff and management from multiple sites within the region.
Salary is commensurate with education and qualifications.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.