Winnipeg Data Science Meet-Up (February 2020)
February 26 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Featured Speaker: Prof. Christopher Henry, Ph.D., P.Eng. – CEO / Co-Founder, DeepGeo Inc.
Presentation: Precision Agriculture
Join us at the February 2020 Winnipeg Data Science Meet-Up to learn about research projects at The University of Winnipeg where Machine Learning based techniques for Precision Agriculture are being developed to support the growth of the Digital Agricultural industry in Manitoba.
Dr. Christopher Henry, P.Eng., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Applied Computer Science at The University of Winnipeg. He is also CEO & Co-Founder of DeepGeo Inc. http://deepgeo.ca – an AI tech company specializing in remote sensing based automated production of land-use and land classification maps.
Dr. Henry has many years of experience working in the area of Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, and working with theoretical frameworks for modelling human perception. He is also an expert in general purpose computing using GPUs, which is the computational engine driving recent advances in Deep Learning.
Since 2013, Dr. Henry has been working on practical industrial applications of Deep Learning Neural Networks, most recently a collaboration with DecisionWorks on using novel RNN architectures to predict customer behaviour.
Christopher Henry obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Manitoba while studying in the Computational Intelligence Laboratory in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
Dr. Henry is a registered Professional Engineer in Manitoba; and a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and Chair of the Computer and Computational Intelligence Chapter, IEEE Winnipeg Section.
Corporate sponsors of this event:
• DecisionWorks Consulting – https://decisionworks.ca
• Launch Coworking Space – https://launchcoworking.ca
* Important to know:
• $5 donation to cover for provided hot food, snacks, beer, wine, cocktails, coffee, tea, fruit juices and soft drinks.
• A door prize draw will be held.
• Free attendance for full-time students. Students are encouraged to join the Winnipeg Data Science Meet-Up Group and interact with the many professional Data Scientists and Data Analysts at this event.